Monday, April 25, 2011

Peace in God's Rock Gardern

Crowell Family Photo Op - Is Evan screaming for joy? ummmm no......


Today was one of those days when we woke up and said, “lets get out of here!” In fact it was the first time in three months that we have done something like this. Within 25 minutes we were out the door, quick stop for gas and Tim’s and we were on our way to the mountains. I never ever get tired of the drive there. From the second you start driving west you watch the mountains grow and grow, as they seem to get grander with each kilometer you drive. Until you finally arrive and stand amidst them and feel their true power. They are so large and overwhelming and yet it is a place where I feel the most amazing peace. Perhaps it is the smell of the trees and vegetation, or the fresh air, or the sound of the river flowing. But I think the real peace comes from seeing first hand the power of God’s creation. Something so huge and foreboding, yet so reassuring.  Reassuring me that despite the battled we are in the midst of, there can be times when it doesn’t matter that Christian is sick. 
Sibling time!
Today for a total of four hours we were a normal family having an amazing time in the mountains. We ate pizza in the park, threw rocks in the water and enjoyed each other’s company. No needles, no talk of sickness, no talk of hospitals – just shear joy experienced by all. The ride home says it all when three seconds into their seats Evelyn and Ryan are sound asleep and Christian quietly sits in his chair. The look on his face was so calm and peaceful as if he too felt bigger and stronger and more confident after an afternoon in God’s rock garden.  I am so thankful for days likes today that we are able to be together and feel normal. We all feel lighter, happier and better suited to handle tomorrows daunting task of a large does of chemotherapy. I pray to God he can keep his happy face and does not get too sick. I want more days like today, I want him to get better and be strong and climb to the top of a mountain. For now he will slowly climb his symbolic mountain of chemotherapies. Each dose brining him closer to his finish line when he can proclaim that he did it.  He beat cancer.

Today I am thankful for:
1.     Rocky Mountains
2.     Pizza in the park
3.     Evelyn pooping in her crib then peeing in the potty!!! yahooooo
 
Pizza in the Park

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I love "God's rock garden" -- that's awesome. Be blessed today. I'm praying!

    Nancy F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog after a co-worker sent around an email for the Poker Tournament being held at Western RV. Your story is both heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. I have read all the entries, and cried, laughed and smiled. I want you to know I registered with OneMatch - here's hoping you find a match for Christian. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, just thought I would share my favorite tune while driving through the mountains... the mountains say so much... about Peace, God's power and blessings, and the list continues.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1d7gix6sug

    Hugs to you all,

    Danielle Domshy

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete