Friday, April 8, 2011

Ducks and Blood

Christian at 2 sporting the duck costume - QUACK!
The 'mac book' has declared war on me so I have reverted to our old desktop. Funny how times change...I am sure it was only yesterday when my mom and dad bought our first home computer that took up half of the desk!
We spent the whole day today at the HOT clinic where Christian receive his 3rd blood transfusion. It is a very weird feeling to stand beside his bed and watch somebody else's blood drain into his body. Amazing to think that not too long ago this blood was pumping in somebody else's heart and now it is helping to keep my son alive. Without these blood transfusions he would not be able to continue with chemotherapy and without chemotherapy he would not be able to fight his cancer. So thank you to anybody who has taken the time to donate blood. You have saved my 'ducks' life.
The HOT clinic is slowly starting to feel comfortable and safe for us. Christian instantly runs for his favorite toys and we look for familiar faces of other families also fighting the good fight. We have met so many good families, all with an incredible story to tell. Please consider registering for the onematch program and if you have already registered please tell somebody else to go and register. We are over 1/10th of the way to 1000 registrants...I know we can do it!
Short and sweet today as I just want to let everybody know that we are pushing on and Christian is feeling much better now that he's had a transfusion. Imagine the terrible two's - on cocaine - this is how I would describe a small child in need of a blood transfusion - watch out!

Thank you to the ladies at the TD Bank who held a bake sale in Christian's honor today!

Today I am thankful for:
1. Tim Horton's coffee
2. Ryan's red hot teething cheeks
3. Sitting on the couch, warm and comfy with Chris, watching the Masters

John 3/16
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"

3 comments:

  1. hey guys!
    i joined the onematch.com
    id love to help out if i can, let me know if there is anything i can do!
    you have my number! love u and thinking of u guys
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across the article about onematch.ca while I was stopping by the Airdrie Echo site to check out the classifieds.
    I'm an LPN student who's been considering registering as a bone marrow donor since I started my program and learned more about the procedure. Thanks for providing the info... I'm signing up now! :)
    I'm praying for you guys, especially Christian. (Psalm 68:35).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan, my name is Starla. I have never had the honor of meeting you or Christian but I heard about your story and your selfless and considerate goal of getting people to join the bone marrow bank through my Pastor, Doug Phaneuf.

    I also have three little ones, a boy, girl and boy the same ages as yours and just wanted to help. So I'm letting you know that you can add me to your total. I just signed up. :) I can't imagine that I would have come to the point of doing it without your encouragment. I know you will reach your goal of 1000 people and just think someone that signs up through your campaign just might be the answer to prayer for someone praying for a match.

    I am praying for your little boy and just want you to know that God is with you. He will never leave you or forsake you.

    ReplyDelete