Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fuzzy head, fuzzy heart


Did someone change superman's costume?


I am wondering if there is something in the water over here at the Crowell household. It is 11pm at night and 2 of my 3 children are still awake (despite starting bedtime 3 hours ago!)  It has been a very tricky day for me, as I seem to be struggling with the smallest of issues.  I am sure all of the drama under our roof is compounded by the fact that Ryan has taken to waking me up every 2 hours at night. So the issues of the day that must be dealt with in a calm and collected manner leave me sobbing at the kitchen table.  Each evening our routine consists of cleaning out his central lines with heparin, giving him his two pokes (one to reduce the chances of a blood clot and one to boost his immune system) and on the weekends change his dressings.  But tonight I was useless, completely useless. So pathetic as a caregiver that my son, whom is screaming, “please don’t do it!”, notices I am crying and starts kissing the top of my head and telling me its all right. Something is not quite right with this picture. But it is what it is and I guess the Lord gives you strength from where ever He chooses (even if it’s from the person your taking care of).  Because tonight Christian was my strength, my rock, my happy smiley face, and my heart all bundled up into one little fuzzy headed little man. My rock star. So this post is for Christian who helped to get me though this day when I wasn’t sure I would be able to.

Friday is Evelyn’s 2nd Birthday and I have yet to plan an extravagant due so I think we will be happy with pizza, cupcakes and balloons.  She is such a little character, a lost little soul trying to find her space in this chaotic house.  She has the heart of her Nanny and her Grammy and thank the Lord for them.  I pray that she knows how much we love her. I pray that she grows up to be strong and independent and a little rock star of her own (preferably without the tattoos and lip ring!)

Thank you to everybody who has been emailing me and posting online with one match registrations. We have reached all corners of Canada so lets keep pushing on.

Tonight Christian tells me he is thankful for:
1.    . His paintings
2.    . The flowers on the table
3.    . Star wars

4 comments:

  1. Good blog Christian
    It just shows you how important you are to this family. You are a good young man and showing the rest of us that you can step up and look after your family if one of them grows tired. You are showing the rest of the world how a family bonds together through the hard times and laughs together through the good times. I love you little buddy and remember that you are important to me as well. I find it quite lonely without you to play with so I may have to come back at some point. Don't you practice while I'm away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa Norm's friend here from Halifax... Add another three to the registry total. I've got six so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just registered with One Match.

    ReplyDelete