Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rub A Dub Dub - Three cuties in a tub!


One of his favorite places - CHAPTERS!


Trying out the new battub!
There is so much to be thankful for. There are a lot of good things going on in our lives despite the turmoil we face each day. Christian finished his radiation last friday - yahoo! Chris and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary - yahoo! and we moved into a house with my mom - our new home - yahoo! I am so grateful that my children will have the opportunity to get to know their grandmother more intimately. An opportunity that did not present itself to me. I have always felt that children deserved as much love as they can get. And what a gift a granmother, a nanny, an opa, a grammy can be. The love of a mother’s mother - a ‘grand’ love.
Love the Kleins - steady friends who are always ready to help us  with whatever
Babysitting, moving, feeding ryan lobster!
We are grateful for the sun that showed up these past few days and we are grateful for the rain that has made everything green. We are grateful for friends and family who support us. We are grateful that Chrisitan is doing well and not spending extra time in the hospital. We are grateful for the nurses in the oncology clinic who love Christian and whom he loves in return. We are grateful to God who gave us the words, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength”. Because we need him now. We have been brought to our knees, a gift to realize how powerless we are without the love and Grace of our God. But also a gift to realize the strength that God can give us. And that none of us is deserving of the things we receive each day yet we continue to receive them. We are blessed.
Cupcakes for radiation party

Life is good!


5 comments:

  1. Great Pics of the kids - can't wait to see you alland your new house in July !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first learned about your blog after reading a heart-felt Airdrie Echo article. A fellow Airdrian and mother, I wanted to express my gratitude for the incredible strength you and your family carry each day. Above all, a big high five to Christian, who is a true inspiration to all of us both young and old. Good job buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan,
    I talked with Chris last week in clinic and he told me about your blog...
    Ty is in the unit as I write we are awaiting surgery - they are squeezing him in sometime today. Because he is npo we hope its not too late and we really want to go home - not have to stay another night!
    I have been reviewing your entries... you are a beautiful writer. And the pics... wonderful!
    I too agree with those who you have spoken with in this world of "cancer" --- my life will never be the same... Would I have ever chose this life and pain for my beautiful boy -- NEVER -- but would I ever want to be the person I was before it started 2 1/2 years ago -- NEVER!!! I have learned so much over the time of this journey - much more than I would have recognized without this trial. I have become aware of so much, how blessed we are, how fortunate we are! How God is ALWAYS good!!! That miracles happen every minute of every day!! The sun shines, the stars twinkle, the sky is blue, it rains, the grass turns green and the flowers bloom. We see, we walk, we have hands, we breath and we hear. Children go to school, they laugh and they grow. God loves us all the time in whatever circumstances we are in. We live in Calgary where there is this incredible hospital with the amazing staff, medicine and technology. All gifts -- from Him -- who always provides!!! I have met the most incredible kids and amazing families through this time. People I will never forget and will have a special place in my heart forever. Looking back today - would I change the past 2+ years knowing now what a blessing it has been...and the blessings it has brought? Probably not.
    Thank you for writing Megan for sharing your self with all of us. Thank you that when I do not see you I have a place where I can check in to see how things are.
    God Bless this family. Amen
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent post - so much happiness in your life right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. stone bathtub

    ReplyDelete